Wow so it's been a while since I finally got back into the groove of things, but the truth is, I've been kind of slowing down heavily. Regardless here are some updates:
1. Apartment - I've finally gotten my own apartment and am living entirely on my own. I'm leasing this apartment for a year to be close to my job and the commute is fantastic! Only 10 minutes to get to work and get home, traffic is hardly an issue, it's great! It's expensive though and I'm starting to feel the pressure of having to pay for everything on my own. Still I think it's worth it. Eventually I'll have to do this anyway so I figured now's a good time to start.
2. Job - My job is amazing! It involves UI/UX design for a huge project and I really love it! My teammates are great, my manager is amazing, the work is really smooth and the place itself is so chill. I don't feel like anyone's breathing down my back or that I need to watch my step or risk getting reprimanded. I'm really enjoying this and looking forward to things down the road.
3. Website - Gosh my website. So I was thinking that I was going to completely update the website to a new framework but found out I can't really do that at the moment (or I probably can, but it's not worth the effort now). So I'm sticking to it's current form, which works really well for my purposes anyway. I've started working on location pages and have been slowly updating the character pages to include new refactored information, but it's been really slow for some reason. I keep feeling like I want to work on it, but then my motive drops like a pancake when I finally get home. Not sure why, but ah well. I'll figure it out.
4. Art - So I've drawn a lot of sketches over the past few weeks, but have been really slow to upload them. I dunno, same with my website, I've been feeling kind of out of it. It's not the drawing that's slowing down, but more so uploading and that may be due to various things that have been happening lately. I'll explain after this. Being more of a morning person lately though, I think I'm just more active when I first wake up, since by 9:00 p.m. I'm completely out of it and head to bed, but at 7:00 a.m. I'm full of energy. Even on weekends.
5. Skype/Discord - WOW, so yeah, I'm not blind to the fact that I've been losing friends like dropping sodium in water. Since the beginning of this year, I've removed/blocked about 9 people. A few of them have come back but we don't really speak much (though I do appreciate the fact that we were able to talk it out and fix the issue. No shade, no sour), but most of them remain on my block list (two of them blocked me first apparently offended by my verbiage or something, but they have to live with themselves, both expressed emo opinions of themselves and when I tried to help them get over it, they apparently prefer to see themselves as useless to the world.). I guess I should be clear about something. I'm not going to keep tolerating people not treating me with respect. The past several years I've put up with it because the internet provided me with friends who had a lot of interests that I felt I could enjoy too, but over the years, I've learned more and more that people often use the internet as either a means of e-begging for attention, to bully others, or even excuse their lack of effort to improve themselves, but yet insult other people for not doing what they say. For those who I have gotten in a spat with, I do always mean good intentions, but some people just prefer to stick to an intentionally opposing perspective just to garner a reaction out of me and I don't appreciate the idea of arguing with someone who is only arguing for the satisfaction of trying to win someone over to their side instead of respecting other people's perspectives. This often leads to people outright or unintentionally insulting me or others and then acting as if I'm the wimp who is getting offended by their insult. You can't punch someone in the face and expect them to apologize for putting their face in the way of your fist. So anyway, the whole point of that is just to say I'm well aware that several people have been annoyed with my disposition lately and will probably never see me again, but the truth is, respect is a two way street, and I don't respect people who disrespect me. End of story.
Anyway, I apologize for being really slow on the upkeep. Hopefully my morale will boost up as I try to hunt for inspiration and motivation. I feel once my rolling chair mat comes I'll be able to situate myself and work back on digital art, but I know I need more than that to really get comfortable. Maybe I just need more time to take it easy. I'm really not sure, but I'll check back in May when I have a better understanding of where I stand exactly on all fronts.
Listening to: Parappa the Rapper
Reading: AngularJS code
Watching: Parappa the Rapper
Playing: Whatever's on my phone
Eating: Some pasta dish